31 Mar 2012
in Adventures, Parenting
Tags: Award, blog, Children, Family, Jaydon, parenting, parents, photo, photo blog, photography, Versatile, Versatile Blogger Award
First I would like to thank Jules, blogger of The J85 for the nomination.
I have only been blogging “The Adventures of Jaydon and Daddy” for a few months now and I am excited with the amount of positive feedback.
~ Rules for nominating a blog ~
- Thank the person who gave you this award.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
- Select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
Side note: According to the rules, if you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
~ 7 things about myself ~
1. I have had the incredible opportunity to live and travel all over the United States and Europe.
2. I started my own business straight out of college called Lowcountry Web. I designed and managed web sites when the internet was staring to become popular back in the late 1990’s.
3. I have driven across the country in from San Diego to Charleston in 3 days.
4. Some of my photos have been used in news and feature stories in the local newspaper.
5. I am a stay at home dad. I take care of Jaydon while my wife works during the day.
6. When I was a kid my dad was in the navy. I had the opportunity to go aboard a Trident Nuclear Sub and walk between the silos that hold intercontinental ballistic missiles. Mind you the missiles were not onboard at the time. The sub was docked at port and it was family day.
7. Piloted two passenger boats. A 100-ton dinner boat (The Spirit of Charleston) and a 75-ton ferry (The General Beauregard)
~ 15 bloggers I nominate for the Versatile Blogger Award ~
In no particular order…
1. Discover and devour
2. The Rookie Dad
3. Vicky…the Northern Chicky
4. Maze a Day
5. The Middlest Sister
6. Far Enough Photo
7. Five in Tow
8. High Needs: Life with my high need baby
10. Happiest Baby in the World · a well traveled child
11. All that makes you…
12. Manipal’s Photo Blog
13. 1st-time Mom ~ Courage is fear that has said its prayers
14. Bucket List Publications: Indulge- Travel, Adventure, & New Experiences
15. Doodle Dad ~ two + me = three
30 Mar 2012
in The Roaming Baby
Tags: blog, Children, Family, Jaydon, lawn, Lawn mower, mower, parenting, parents, photo, photo blog, photography, small engine
The Roaming Baby
Jaydon wanted daddy to buy this lawn mower.
Daddy’s lawn mower was broken. He said we need a part so we came here to Driggers Small Engine, Inc to get it.
That was when I saw these big, orange, riding mowers. I wanted daddy to get one of these but he said our yard is too small for such a big mower.
We need a bigger yard.
29 Mar 2012
in Adventures, Photography
Tags: alligator, Children, Family, gator, Jaydon, parenting, parents, Park, photo, photo blog, photography, sign
Jaydon learns that it is not a good idea to feed the alligators.
Jaydon loves the outdoors. He especially likes to visit the Mount Pleasant Palmetto Islands County Park. They have trails through the woods, picnic tables, playgrounds, a pound and lots of wildlife.
28 Mar 2012
in Father & Son Tips, Humor, Parenting, Photography
Tags: Android, Apple, Children, Family, Life, parenting, parents, People, photoblog, photography, photos, smartphone, technology, toddler
Jaydon loves to grab our cell phones. The screens are big, bright and sometimes animated. Mommy and I have to make a conscious effort to place our phones out of reach but that does not always stop Jaydon from trying to get to them.
Jaydon reads a text on his cell phone.
One time we had a cell phone on the couch with us, out of reach of Jaydon. Jaydon standing in front of the couch tried to get to it but he could not reach the phone. After a minute or two he reached his hands up to mommy and she picked him up. For a moment on he sat quietly but then started to roll over. As he did his hand reached over and grabbed the phone.
Smart little dude.
It was at this moment I thought we should give Jaydon my old cell phone. I upgraded to a new phone a little over a year ago and the old one still worked. You just could not call or receive calls on it.
I dug the phone out of a drawer and charged it. I then went into the phones setting and locked it. Now when you flipped it open the screen and number pad lights up. The numbers on the pad still show up on the screen if you press them. Later I found out that Jaydon discovered the video camera option.
Jaydon was excited when I gave him the phone. He plays with it all the time. Sometimes it even looks like he is texting. Jaydon is already on his way to being a tech savvy individual.
- Jaydon and the Droid (JaydonAndDaddy.com)
- Jaydon’s favorite toys (JaydonAndDaddy.com)
27 Mar 2012
in Adventures, Parenting
Tags: allergies, baby, blog, Child Health, Children, doctor, ear infection, Family, Health, Jaydon, parenting, parents, photo, photo blog, photography, sick, teething
What a miserable weekend for Jaydon.
Jaydon was already recovering from an ear infection when he started sniffling and coughing late Friday night. He woke up several times moaning and crying. By daybreak Jaydon, mommy and daddy had very little sleep.
On Saturday morning and we noticed something new. Jaydon was crying when he tried to eat and he started to drool. It turned out he was teething.
Throughout Saturday and into Sunday Jaydon’s symptoms continued. Sniffling, coughing, drooling and pain. We gave him medicine as prescribed by his doctor and comforted him as best we could.
Jaydon starting to feel better Monday morning.
By Monday Jaydon was starting to show signs that he was feeling better. Nevertheless we already had an appointment for Jaydon to see the doctor Monday morning so we did.
It turned out Jaydon still had an ear infection. Not only that but he was also having a reaction possibly to the pollen in the air which was causing the sniffling and coughing. Include teething and Jaydon ended up having a rough weekend.
Taking care of Jaydon was such a huge priority that I was unable to write Monday’s edition of “The Adventures of Jaydon and Daddy,” and that is just fine with me. Jaydon needed me and I was there for him.
By Monday night Jaydon was back to his old (young) self. Chasing me around the coffee table, laughing and playing. His symptoms faded.
I hope he never has to go through that ever again.
23 Mar 2012
Tags: Award, blog, Children, daddy, Family, Jaydon, Liebster, parenting, parents
When I heard my blog was going to get the Liebster Blog Award I was thrilled. But I had never heard of the award so I started to do some research. Turns out there is very little on the subject.
The only information I was able to find came from other bloggers that had won the award. Basically the award is designed to help new and infrequently visited blogs by getting bloggers to talk about and promote one another, like a chain letter.
So I would like to say, “thank you” to Oster’s Mom who writes the family blog Discover and Devour for presenting Jaydon and Daddy’s blog with this award.
Jaydon waiting to accept the award.
5 blogs I feel deserve to receive recognition and followers.
The rules say each blogger cannot have more than 200 followers. But most blogs do not show that number. So I decided to go through all the blogs I thought are worthy and look at the number of “likes” and “comments” on their posts.
1. The Rookie Dad – A first time dad with great photos and stories about his family.
2. The Middlest Sister – A unique web-comic put together by cutting and pasting scrap paper and other objects to tell a story of 5 sisters.
3. All that makes you… – A wonderful family with photos and stories, using the internet as their scrap-book.
4. The MisGuidedParent – First time parents capture the changes in their lives with stories and photos.
5. Hot Nerd Girl – Usually it is the guys like me who are the nerds and sci-fi geeks. But Tracy shows you her nerd side in this fun and creative blog.
The Liebster Blog Award rules:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award.
2. Link back to their blog.
3. Copy and paste the Liebster award to your profile.
4. Pick 5 blogs that you feel deserve to be in the spotlight (they must have 200 or less followers).
5. Blog about your award and leave a comment for your nominations to let them know that you have chosen their blog.
- Discover and Devour.com/ (discoveranddevour.com)
- The Rookie Dad (therookiedad.com)
- The Middlest Sister (themiddlestsister.com)
- All that makes you… (allthatmakesyou.wordpress.com)
- The MisGuidedParent (misguidedparent.com)
- Hot Nerd Girl (hotnerdgirl.wordpress.com)
22 Mar 2012
Tags: baby, babysitting, blog, Children, Family, Jaydon, parenting, parents, photo, photo blog, photography
Jaydon got a surprise on Monday. Rilynne, a new friend Jaydon had met a couple of weeks ago came by to spend a few hours at mommy and daddy’s house.
The excitement was a little delayed however as Jaydon was asleep in the crib when she arrived and Rilynne was sleeping in her car seat.
After a 45-minute nap the two woke up and greeted one another.
Rilynne and Jaydon
Rilynne was a little shy and uncomfortable at first. She was in someone else’s home with people she had only met one time before. But after a few minutes Rilynne started to smile and interact with Jaydon and the rest of us.
Jaydon on the other hand was excited the moment he saw her. A big smile formed on his face and he stared laughing as he quickly made his way toward her.
The two played and interacted with one another and had a lot of fun.
21 Mar 2012
in Adventures, Humor, Parenting, Photography
Tags: baby, Children, Family, Jaydon, Kitchen, Kitchen cabinet, pantry, parents, photo blog, Tupperware
All babies love opening the kitchen cabinet doors. They see mommy and daddy do it all the time. We open the doors, remove items and then put them back. For a child the need to mimic his or her parents behavior helps them learn. Plus the cabinets must hiding all these wonderful things to play with.
Jaydon, holding onto the shelf with his right hand, tosses Tupperware out of the cabinet.
In our kitchen we currently have two cabinet doors baby proofed. They are the ones that lead under the sink. The other four contain non toxic items. Two contain pots and pans, one Tupperware and the other cereal and other mixed items.
Jaydon climbs into the cabinet to reach for Tupperware hiding in the back.
Yesterday we sat down to have lunch in the kitchen. Jaydon had already eaten so he was playing on the floor. After wondering around the kitchen, talking to us in his fun baby talk, Jaydon eventually made it to the cabinet with the Tupperware.
Jaydon, surrounded by Tupperware, sits on the floor and smiles. A job well done.
We have allowed Jaydon open the Tupperware cabinet before. He usually takes one or two items out and plays with them but this time Jaydon felt the need to take out more. A lot more. In fact Jaydon decided it was time to clean out the entire cabinet of Tupperware.